Momentum is building as more and more women over the age 45+yrs grapple with housing. Many won’t be in a position to own their own home and private rental costs and standards contribute to housing stress and greater poverty. Incomes for many will drop to an aged pension only or there is a loss of employment income for an extended period of time. Centrelink’s NewStart payment are grossly inadequate to meet private rental costs.
Those registered for meetings will receive Zoom details and locations for meetings together with meeting notifications.
Why HOW might be of interest:
- You might be experiencing housing insecurity now or know others who are likely to be in the not too distant future. If not you it might be a concern for a friend; family member or acquaintance.
- You might be a worker in the human services sector and know this situation exists for some of those with whom you work.
- You might have expertise in the area of advocacy, housing supply related expertise in areas such as design, finance, town planning, financial modelling for shared equity arrangement, legal and contractual matters, land acquisition, building and development experience.
How to connect:
- Click here or below to register
- Zoom details and meeting locations will be provided to those registered for meetings
- The HOW Movement also has a Facebook page. click here to follow and share.
- Contact Q Shelter’s Project Lead in supporting the development of the HOW Movement – Maggie Shambrook click here to email or phone 07 3831 5900.
- Please feel free to ask us to remove you from further communication at any point.