Good governance is essential for non-profit organisations.
It’s the system of checks and balances for Board members and leaders which leads to a positive Board member experience, proper management of conflict and risk, and good understanding and planning for an organisation that thrives, even through adversity.
A good understanding of governance can help your Board members prioritise and focus on what really matters most.
This governance training session is ideal for new or existing Board members.
It will help guide them through the most important aspects of governance required for non-profits and prioritise their work plan to achieve the best practice governance framework for their organisation.
Following the workshop, participants will be able to:
– Assessing if good governance is in place for your organisation
– Understanding the board’s role in planning
– Oversight and monitoring the finances
– Develop a framework to manage risk
– Identifying the entities legal structure and the implications for this
– Understanding the legal duties of Board members
– Identify and manage conflicts of interest