LHHN May Meeting 2021

Home New Forum Logan LHHN May Meeting 2021

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #34878
      Jasmine LindJasmine Lind

      Please see attached:
      – Draft agenda for meeting 20/05/2021 9am
      *If you would like a spot on the agenda please let me know
      – Service update form if you cannot attend and wish to share something

      Community Information and Events:
      – RecLink Self-Care open for staff
      – Census information (apply to assist census counting)

      May’s Themes are:
      – Domestic and Family Violence Prevention month (guest speaker from Centre for Women)

      – Reconciliation Week

      – National Youth Week

      – Volunteers Week: https://www.volunteeringaustralia.org/get-involved/nvw/nvw-resources-2/

      – Sorry Day (attached)

    • #34933
      Jasmine LindJasmine Lind
    • #34928
      Jasmine LindJasmine Lind

      Follow Up information & Actions from this month’s meeting:
      o Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month: Guest speakers Centre for Women and Co
      Links to resources for practitioners: https://centreforwomen.org.au/practitioners
      *Presentation attached
      *Access to meeting and training rooms for hire in Underwood Office: 07 3050 3060

      o Rent Connect – Logan Housing Service Centre: 07 3086 3700
      ACTION: connect with LHSC to inform staff about your services which might assist people to sustain their tenancies (through addressing underlying barriers) or to know more about products and services that could be of assistance to your clients.

      o QShleter Useful Information:
      Housing Matters News Letter: https://www.qshelter.asn.au/housing-matters/
      Upcoming online training and forum sessions available for Tenancy Management, Sustaining Tenancies, Practice Forums, Housing Older Australians

      o QCOSS Campaign: Town of Nowhere
      Assist the campaign for more housing by raising the profile of the issue: https://townofnowhere.com/

      o Census: Counting homelessness correctly
      Youth Ambassador employment opportunity: pip.giles@censusfield.abs.gov.au
      Inform your service to ensure that people are correctly reporting their housing circumstances. Support available for NESB, low literacy, rough sleepers etc.

      o Services Australia
      New Logan and Northern GC Corridor focus area (Attached)
      Connect in with SA Engagement officers to service clients in this area
      *Community meeting space becoming available in the near future (TBA)

      o Care Coordination
      Book in with Tim to discuss how CC can assist your service
      E: Tim Johnston tim.johnston@qshelter.asn.au
      P: 0418 730 570

      o Canefields Club house request: housing@canefieldsclubhouse.org.au
      *Connect to discuss solutions to tenancy management/ lease arrangements which both protect Canefields and the tenant, financially and legally.

      o LHHN representation at the QShelters Regional Meeting – Feedback needed to inform the meeting agenda!
      Q. What are the issues/ needs / barriers and trends being experienced?
      Q. What are the possible solutions/ light bulbs / ideas to address?
      Q. What are the required resources/ systems / relationships / policies or procedures needed to address?
      o Nominate agenda items
      o Nominate contacts for guest speakers
      o Nominate for presenting on a topic/service/ theme / knowledge builder
      o Nominate for hosting a physical venue (with Teams connection capabilities)

      More Information contained in the minutes and will be circulated when drafted 😊

      Next Meeting: Thursday 17th June 2021, 9:00am to 11:am
      Themes: Maybo Day; International Men’s Health Week; World Elder Abuse Awareness day; Refugee week

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.