The role of Case Manager, SHS is the delivery of a quality service to young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. This position is responsible for the coordinating the delivery of services to young people in a case management framework and management of the services provided through the life cycle of the case management for either accommodated or non-accommodated clients. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of case plans to reduce the barriers preventing sustainable accommodation for clients.
You can find more information about this role in the position description. This can be accessed by clicking the link to apply.
Below are the essential (unless otherwise indicated) demonstrable experience a person requires in order to successfully fulfil the responsibilities of this position.
An applicant must provide specific information and/or examples of how you can meet each of these criteria in your application in order to be considered for this position.
• Extensive experience in Social Housing and/or delivering crisis accommodation programs including an understanding of asset management procedures.
• Knowledge and understanding of the principles of client centred case management and demonstrated ability in applying such principles
• Knowledge of issues facing young people who are homeless and / or facing severe barriers to achieving stability and security in their personal lives.
• Demonstrated understanding of community based service delivery models, including client case management practices.
• An ability to interpret and understand Government legislation, and specifically an understanding of relevant legislation, policies and practices that impact on service development and delivery. This includes knowledge of the child protection system.
• Knowledge of, or the ability to acquire, local community support services and networks.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a professional team; taking a professional approach, acting in the best interest of United Synergies Ltd and its clients and being able to demonstrate United Synergies values.
• Demonstrated competence in working with people, including those from diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills; including a proven ability to develop rapport and communicate with young people, families, students, management, employers and colleagues from government Departments, community agencies and training and industry organisations.
• Highly developed written communication skills in professional report and letter writing, including the ability to complete funding applications and submissions.
• Ability to operate Windows applications as an Intermediate level, including the following Microsoft applications: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel; or the ability to rapidly acquire these skills within one month of commencement.