The Community Development Manager is a key leadership role which exists to ensure the delivery of tenant engagement and community development strategies and projects.
The position will support a culture of Tenant Engagement and implement agreed initiatives that will assist Coast2Bay to achieve enhanced tenancy and social outcomes for tenants and their communities. In particular the role will lead the implementation of strategies that provide opportunities for community housing tenants to reach their full potential.
Key areas of focus will include Tenant Engagement, Community Development, Placemaking and Grant Management which are addressed and delivered through the Tenant Engagement and Community Development Strategy including management of the Tenant Engagement Officers and Special Projects.
The role is also responsible for developing collaborative working relationships with key partners and stakeholders across Government, commercial and not-for-profit sectors insofar as they relate to the delivery of the Tenant Engagement and Community Development Strategy.
This role will be permanent part-time 9-day fortnight. Coast2Bay offers excellent remuneration with a genuinely supportive and engaging team environment.:
• At least 3 years relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrated sound community development and engagement skills, including an ability to build relationships, seek input and advocate on tenant engagement and community development issues with a wide cross section of the Community, Councils and other Government Stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to lead change strategies in order to solidify a culture of deep tenant engagement
• Demonstrated ability to write detailed tender and grant submissions (including those offered by Government) resulting in successful outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability in project management, reporting and acquittals.
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and advocacy skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare a wide range of reports and correspondence, as well as deliver verbal presentations.
• Graduate qualification in Community Development / Social Science / Social Work or related discipline or lesser qualification with substantial experience in a similar position.
To be successful for this rewarding role, you must have knowledge and understanding of the current social housing sector, including social barriers faced by people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness, knowledge of community development and a community development practice framework and knowledge of grant funding applications, reporting and acquittal processes. You must also hold, or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Policy and Strategic Engagement Professional
Q Shelter | Brisbane | Application Close: 19 June 2023
Do you want to use your skills to make a real difference? This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to real-world outcomes that will support solutions to housing need and homelessness in...
Program Support & Engagement Officer, Community Housing Futures
Community Housing Futures | Brisbane | Application Close: 23 June 2023
This Program Support and Engagement Officer Role is designed to provide program support across a range of activities such as phone contact, communications, record keeping, events, stakeholder...
Accommodation Support Worker
Community Housing Ltd. | Gold Coast | Application Close: 15 June 2023
The Role Your understanding of the causes and impacts of homelessness will enable you to complete holistic comprehensive client assessments. You will work as part of a team ensuring that quality...