The Executive Assistant enhances executive’s effectiveness and conserves executive’s time by
providing professional support and being entrusted with high-end and complex duties that support
the CEO and Chair of the Board, as well as the Company Secretary and Chief Operations Officer
from time to time. The Executive Assistant represents the executives to others.
Brisbane Housing Company (BHC) is an independent, not-for-profit developer, owner and manager
of affordable and community housing. Since incorporation in 2002, BHC has a well-earned reputation
as a solid and reliable organisation, built through effective working relationships and a personalised
approach to customer service.
BHC’s Vision is, “Creating homes, empowering lives, enabling transformation” and Mission, “to
deliver our Vision by building and maintaining quality affordable homes for people in need and
engaging with and supporting people to sustain their tenancies”. BHC’s core values are:
• Making a difference
• Working with integrity
• Supporting each other
• Working safely
• Our differences
• Being accountable and delivering quality
• Celebrating achievements
We pride ourselves on the quality and liveability of our award-winning developments, aiming to
provide excellence in both the development of each project and the tenancy management of the
affordable rental properties.
• Conserve executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; draft letters
and documents; collect and analyse information; inite telecommunications.
• Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and
transmitting text, data, and graphics.
• Reconcile credit card statements for CEO, the Chair and self.
• Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing
enquiries for the CEO and Chair of the Board (where required).
• Maintain executive and client confidence and protects operations by keeping relevant
Chair of the Board
to CEO and Chair
Page 3 of 4
• Complete project work, research and analyse tasks for the CEO, Chair and other executives
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending professional development
workshops and/or training opportunities; establishing personal networks; reviewing
• Perform tasks using Microsoft software packages.
• Schedule meetings as required, including through Teams/Zoom.
• Contribute to teamwork by accomplishing related results as needed.
Diary and Email Management
• Maintain the CEO and Chair’s calendars by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences,
teleconferences, and travel.
• Support the CEO with email management as required, including during periods of the CEO’s
leave. Draft emails on their behalf as required.
For BHC and related Boards (e.g. Catalyst):
• Provide support with Board and Committee meetings and functions including sourcing and
booking venues, arranging catering, overseeing AV requirements. Attend and oversee the
smooth operation of such events where required.
• Collate and disseminate Board papers, including uploading to Board Pro.
• Board minutes.
• Credit card reconciliations as may be required.
• Oversee and coordinate (e.g. through BHC’s corporate travel provider) travel arrangements
including flights and accommodation for the CEO, Board members including the Chair, and
other executives and staff as may be required.
• Liaise with BHC’s Administration team (Office Manager) to provide assistance where required
and provide training if need.
• Arrange site tours as may be required by the CEO or Chair.
Leadership Team & Senior Executive Team meetings/events
• Maintain meeting schedules by coordinating calendar appointments as appropriate.
• Attend meetings to provide historical reference by developing and/or utilizing filing and
retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions and action items, distributing as required.
Page 4 of 4
• Arrange strategic planning days including sourcing and booking venues and accommodation
where required, catering and attending to provide support at these events as required.
• Arrange relevant functions including venues, catering etc. and where required attend to
Other – General
• Undertake further tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required from time to time
and as communicated.
• Operate in line with BHC’s Code of Conduct, Values, Policies and procedures including as
amended from time to time.
• Behave in a manner that contributes to a workplace that is free of discrimination, bullying and
harassment at all times.
• Represent BHC in a professional and capable manner at company events and external
functions/training days attended.
• Follow all reasonable direction given by the Company in relation to Workplace Health & Safety,
and through actions contribute to/lead a culture of safe work.
• Participate in training as may be required.
• Comply with local, state and federal laws