Due to a retirement, we require a full-time 30 hour per week position to manage this community housing organisation. This role can be flexible and worked over 4 days per week.
This position is located in Hervey Bay and involves after hours call-outs. SCHADS level 7-8.
To be an eligible candidate you must address the following selection criteria:
● Managerial or supervisory experience working within the community housing sector. Experience within the private rental industry or other related services that align with this role may also be considered.
● Demonstrated experience in both property and asset management – working and managing routine, planned maintenance, and working with contractors on both repairs and upgrades
● A working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy and Rooming Accommodation Act (Qld) 2008, and/or the Housing Act(Qld)2003 and/or the National Community Housing Standards.
● Demonstrated understanding of the Community Housing Sector and its clientele. Outlined experience in successfully dealing with people with very high or high needs as well as conflict resolution.
● Demonstrate a proven capacity to plan, organize & prioritize work tasks to meet deadlines and respond to urgent maintenance requests.
● Excellent interpersonal skills enabling you to effortlessly build rapport with people. You will need to be highly approachable, an adept problem solver who can think quickly on your feet to make apt decisions.
● Highly effective communications skills (both written and verbal) and capable of liaising with a wide range of stakeholders.
● Comprehensive knowledge of legislative requirements and the ability to effortlessly promote a culture of compliance.
● Proficient IT skills, with a knowledge of programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and MYOB Accounting and the ability to adapt and learn internal IT systems
● A current Qld Driver’s License
● A Police Check and a valid Working with Children Blue Card.
Hervey Bay Housing Coalition is committed to ensuring actions reflect and are consistent with the following values:
• Promoting a caring, honest and respectful approach to our relationship with others.
• Ensuring we are collaborative, responsible, accountable and transparent in all our dealings.
• Maintaining a positive attitude and pride in our accomplishments.
How to Apply
Please note we do not accept applications through the SEEK website.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an Applicant Kit which provides more details about this position and how to apply. Applications for this position close on 18th October, 2021 Thankyou in advance, please note that only short listed Applicants will be contacted.
Housing Manager – Churches of Christ in Queensland
| Ipswich | Application Close:
Housing Manager - Churches of Christ in Queensland Housing Services Ipswich Permanent full time opportunity $47+/hr + super + salary packaging + retail discounts Work across the...