Are you passionate about housing and homelessness in Logan? YFS is seeking a quick-thinking, problem solver looking to build a career in the community housing sector.
YFS has received additional funding to address the current housing and homelessness crisis, so we’re looking for new skilled Housing Specialists.
These are permanent roles, and as Logan’s leading community services organisation with a broad range of services, there are plenty of opportunities to build your career at YFS.
Our experienced team can help you get up to speed with the skills needed to thrive in this position, providing knowledge around crisis, medium- and long-term housing options, you will be equipped with the tools to assist clients to make long term changes within the Logan community.
In this role you can really make a difference by supporting people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, to secure and sustain long-term housing and create lasting change in their lives.
This work is fast paced so you’ll need to work with a sense of urgency, be flexible, and quick to adapt to change.
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek
Role type: Full-time permanent
Pay range: $77,832 – $89,042 a year based on experience, with salary sacrificing available
• support clients to navigate the housing system to achieve their long-term housing goals
• work within a supportive, collaborative team environment (both organisational and external)
• access a range of relevant community resources, particularly in the areas of drug and alcohol support and mental health, and work with real estate agents, Centrelink, the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy and community housing providers
• be flexible and adaptable to clients’ changing needs
• work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced team
• have strong computer skills – working across multiple platforms (SRS, QHIP, Vi-SPDAT & Excel)
• have excellent written and oral communication skills, including highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to relate positively and confidently to a wide range of people, in a variety of settings
• have a demonstrated ability to work with First Nations peoples.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related role description available from https://www.yfs.org.au/work-for-us/, the ideal person for this role will:
• be experienced engaging with clients with complex needs and helping people through crisis
• be able to demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills
• have experience working in community services
• have knowledge of the current barriers to housing.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at https://www.yfs.org.au/application-process/
Send your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to email@example.com.
Contact Rachel on 07 3826 1500 if you want to talk about the role.
Closing date: Wednesday 8th March 2023 @ 12pm.
Interviews are scheduled for 17th March 2023
In this role you are required to hold a Queensland blue card or the ability to obtain one.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Assistant Development Manager (Brisbane QLD)
BlueCHP | Brisbane | Application Close:
About the job Who Are You: Are you committed to making a real difference? Are you looking for a supportive environment where you will be challenged every day to tackle Australia's...