This role is focussed on leading and delivering organisational support services inclusive of information technology, administration, finance, planning, human resource management, systems and records, policies and procedures, governance support, monitoring/coordinating responses for risk management and organisational reporting.
The key purpose of the role is to enable Q Shelter to be a strong and effective organisation underpinned by structures, systems, policies, procedures and plans.
Success in this role will involve flexibility and initiative combined with a deep understanding of Q Shelter’s core role. This role will ensure support for Q Shelter’s effectiveness and efficiency. As a member of the Executive Management Team the candidate will be able to flourish in a dynamic environment, a growing business and manage varied demands and priorities with a high level of accountability and creativity.
Applicants need to address the following key criteria in a two-page submission with a current CV including two recent referees. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and applications close at 2.00pm on Friday, 6 December 2019. For a full position description please email email@example.com.
Finance, business strength and governance
1. Proven track record in overseeing and managing budget development and monitoring, financial reporting and accountability.
2. Proven track record in developing and implementing policies and procedures that support sound financial administration and organisational strength.
3. Proven track record in business development activities such as tender-writing and development of proposals for innovative new ideas.
4. Understanding and experience of providing governance support and accountability reports.
5. Demonstrated experience and success in supervision of a small and diverse team and the capability to contribute to HR management across the organisation.
6. Proven leadership qualities and capacity to be self-directed and manage complex and competing demands and deadlines.
Communication, engagement and collaboration
7. Proven excellence in all interpersonal, written and verbal communication and in collaboration.
8. Capacity to gain understanding of the housing and homelessness sector and a commitment to the vision and purpose of Q Shelter.