About the Role and the Program
This position is responsible for ensuring adults who are at risk of homelessness and/or require support with hoarding needs are provided support to access appropriate and sustainable housing as well as community care and other support services, specifically targeted at avoiding homelessness or reducing the impact of homelessness. The role includes providing advice, and guidance to facilitate self-advocacy and assistance with hoarding and squalor support. The Assistance with Care and Housing Program aims to make a real difference to outcomes for those who meet the requirements: Older people or prematurely aged people, 50 years and over (or 45 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people), who are on a low income and experiencing housing stress or insecure accommodation or experiencing issues with hoarding and squalor.
Fixed term contract until 30 June 2023
Part-time, 22.8 hours per week
Benefits of joining Footprints
* Attractive remuneration commensurate with qualifications
* Generous salary sacrifice benefits
* Opportunities for ongoing professional development and training
* Working with a committed and friendly team
* Footprints polo shirt
* Work mobile phone and laptop
The following mandatory compliances are required for this role:
* Have a lived experience, and/or of someone accessing, and/or supporting someone as a carer/support person to access housing and homelessness services and/or hoarding support services and is sufficiently progressed and comfortable in your recovery journey to be able to articulate the concepts and principles of recovery.
* Current Yellow Card or National Disability Worker Screening Clearance (or willing to obtain) https://workerscreening.communities.qld.gov.au/
* Current First Aid and CPR certificate
* Fully vaccinated Covid19 (proof will be required)
More information is available on our website under “work with us”
Program Support & Engagement Officer, Community Housing Futures
Community Housing Futures | Brisbane | Application Close: 30 June 2023
This Program Support and Engagement Officer Role is designed to provide program support across a range of activities such as phone contact, communications, record keeping, events, stakeholder...
Accommodation Support Worker
Community Housing Ltd. | Gold Coast | Application Close: 15 June 2023
The Role Your understanding of the causes and impacts of homelessness will enable you to complete holistic comprehensive client assessments. You will work as part of a team ensuring that quality...
Community Housing Ltd | Brisbane | Application Close: 15 June 2023
You will play a pivotal role in supporting project delivery within CHL Group of Companies by managing projects through the design, approval and delivery stages. You will work effectively with...