1. Position Purpose
inCommunity Inc. is seeking a Policy, Risk and Quality Consultant. The consulting projects in which the consultant will be working are related to policy, compliance, risk management and quality/ continuous improvement to ensure inCommunity programs, services and internal operations are compliant with contractual, legislative, accreditation and industry standards and requirements.
2. Key Responsibilities
• Undertake gap analysis and self-assessment against HSQF, including development of new policies/procedures
• Review organisational policies/procedures and guidelines, in consultation with internal subject matter experts, to ensure compliance with legislation, HSQF, Award and industry best practices, are inclusive of needs and requirements for new programs/services and that there are adequate internal controls in place for ongoing compliance
• Review policy and procedure framework, including approval authorities/pathways
• Review risk management framework and existing risk assessment tool, including development of a risk register, risk awareness education for board and staff, risk reporting process, risk appetite/statement
• Review effectiveness of system for monitoring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and associated government policies
• Review existing delegations and develop organisational schedule/matrix
• Develop reporting tools to board around compliments, complaints, incidents
• Review mechanism for feedback
• Complete other tasks/activities as identified within the Audit and Risk Sub-Committee’s Action Plan.
3. Reporting Relationships
Consultant will report operationally to the CEO, InCommunity and professionally to the Chair of the Audit and Risk Sub-Committee, with regular updates provided to the Sub-Committee (as agreed).
4. Skills and Abilities
InCommunity requires a competent consultant who takes pride in the quality of their work, who can handle deadlines and multi-tasking, is able to organise their work independently, with high level research and analytical skills, excellent communication (written and oral skills) and knowledge/experience in the following core areas:
• SCHCADS Award
• Legislation relevant to InCommunity
• Policy and procedure
• Risk management
• Quality improvement/continuous improvement
• NFP sector
• Government departmental requirements.
Prior consultancy experience highly regarded however not mandatory.
5. To apply
All applications to be sent to email@example.com
Submit 2-page cover letter detailing your knowledge and experience with the above, together with your CV of no more than 3 pages and 2 professional referees. As part of your cover letter please specify legislation relevant and applicable to InCommunity, approximate timeframe for the project and charge/rate. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.