The Support and Advocacy Worker works predominantly between 6am to 12am to respond to advocate for and support people to:
- Provide transport support to homes, diversionary centres, or other safe accommodation.
- Access/maintain permanent and affordable housing.
- Be safe and comfortable within their home.
- Access support, social and health services
- Empower and foster independence and interdependence through participation, and access to appropriate resources, opportunities and services within the community.
This is a permanent, part time role that will require weekend and public holiday work, with a minimum of 19.8 hours of work available per week and is classified under the SCHADS Award as a Level 2.
Street to Home provides support to individuals, couples and families experiencing chronic homelessness such as sleeping rough in public space or in cars move into long term housing with supports. This team embraces and applies a housing first framework by delivering an assertive outreach service to people who are sleeping rough and in their homes.
WE ARE SEEKING CANDIDATES WITH THE FOLLOWING SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated engagement and interpersonal skills, through taking a non-judgemental approach when working with a diversity of people particularly those in crisis situations and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- The ability to use effective communication skills both verbal and written to advocate with both community and government services, document information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Ability to work in Australia.