Gateway Community Group Inc. trading as Gateway Housing provides supported transitional housing to families who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. Gateway Community Group Inc.is a Specialist Homelessness Service, funded by the Department of Housing, QLD Government. We are seeking an experienced Housing Worker or Family Support Worker (Housing) in a part time role of 3 to 4 days per week 7.6-hour days. The commencement date is negotiable but preferably by mid-September. Days of work are negotiable but are weekdays during business hours.
What We Offer:
This Role requires:
Appropriate degree qualification relevant to the delivery of community services e.g., social work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health, Community Services, or similar field. Candidates with Diploma qualifications and outstanding relevant experience may be considered.
How to Apply for This Job
Position Description and Duties
• Assist families to enter Gateway Housing accommodation including using ADL to produce lease agreements, calculating rent, assisting new tenants to complete all sign-up documentation, and assisting families with their relocation at the end of tenancy.
• Actively encouraging tenants to seek and apply for affordable longer-term accommodation, assisting them with accessing private housing, community housing and or Department of Housing, as appropriate to the individual situation
• Work with families to identify their needs and assist with goal setting, creating and maintaining support plans specific to the family’s needs
• Provide information, referral and advocacy to tenanted families
• Provide post tenancy follow up and advocacy
• Review the needs and progress of families in regular staff meetings
• Undertake administrative duties in relation to tenants and their tenancy
• In consultation with the Executive Officer, maintain administrative data relating to asset management and property maintenance in their absence or as negotiated
• Maintain data entry and provide statistical reports in Departmental platforms SHIP and QHIP
• Represent Gateway, in consultation with the Executive Officer, at relevant meetings, then provide feedback at staff meetings and include information in the monthly report to the Executive Officer
• Undertake approved professional development
• Transportation of clients to Department of Housing and relevant support organisations, in line with COVID safe guidelines.
Click the link below to read the full position description