Do you want to use your skills to make a real difference?
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to real world outcomes that will support the growth of social and affordable housing in Queensland.
Community Housing Futures is a collaboration between three Queensland peak and industry organisations, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Housing Queensland, Community Housing Industry Association (CHIA) Qld, and Queensland Shelter (Q Shelter).
At a time when more Queenslanders are challenged by housing affordability and availability, Community Housing Futures is collaborating to deliver a new capacity building program funded by Queensland Government and designed to support community housing providers achieve growth in housing supply.
The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of program planning, implementation, compliance, evaluation, and reporting. They will oversight a small and high performing team as well as contractors and suppliers.
The Program Manager will ensure the delivery of these key elements:
- Sector support and capability
- Business advisory services including a professional services panel and grants.
- Procurement and coordination of sector development consultants to do capability and growth appraisals.
- Development of tools and resources.
- Learning and development products and events.
- Help desk functions.
- Governance and evaluation
- Provide input and reporting to the Program Governance Group.
- Oversee design and implementation of evaluation including procurement of external evaluators.
- Ensure all accountability requirements under the contract and to the employing body are met.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in senior program management. As a strong leader, the successful candidate will lead from inception to completion. Highly developed relationship skills will be essential. A track record of working to facilitate and strengthen partnerships across organisations and sectors in the delivery of complex work programs is highly desirable.
As a team player, the successful applicant will play a key leadership role in facilitating a collaborative and high performing team. The Program Manager will understand the operating environment of community housing providers or be able to quickly acquire this understanding.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant will have relevant tertiary qualification, proven program management experience combined with business acumen, team leadership and collaboration skills, and excellent communication skills.
Employer and auspice agency
The auspice agency is Q Shelter, which will be responsible for employment contracts and human resource accountabilities.
- The role is potentially up until December 2024 subject to funding.
- Salary will be negotiated depending on skills and experience.
- Q Shelter offers a flexible work environment. Hybrid working arrangements are supported.
- An office base is available in central Brisbane.
- Q Shelter employees receive five weeks of annual leave per year (pro-rata for part time) and a paid Christmas shutdown period.
- Q Shelter employees also have access to not-for-profit salary packaging, which increases take home pay.
- Q Shelter staff are expected to work within a culturally safe framework and actively contribute to the implementation of Q Shelter’s Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan.
Diversity and inclusion
Q Shelter is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this role. The role will be working to make a positive difference to the capacity of First Nations led housing providers to address the housing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities throughout Queensland.
How to apply
Please email a two-page capability statement responding to the Position Description available through the link below, and a current CV to email@example.com. Applications that do not include these elements may not be considered.
A criminal history check will be undertaken on the preferred candidate.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Q Shelter on (07) 3831 5900.
Full Position Description – Community Housing Futures Program Manager
About Q Shelter
Q Shelter is a peak body for working to ensure every Queenslander has a home. It plays an important role delivering projects to assist in the implementation of the Queensland Government Housing Strategy 2017-27 and the Queensland Housing and Homelessness Action Plan 2021-25.
It is a member-based association, overseen by a Management Committee, focused on:
- building the Sector’s capacity, to deliver evidence-based solutions to housing and homelessness needs;
- influencing public policy and programs to achieve housing and homelessness solutions; and
- investing in resources and systems, as a base to improve its services to the Sector.
You can find out more about Q Shelter at this link: www.qshelter.asn.au