Do you want to use your skills to make a real difference?
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to real world outcomes that will support the growth of social and affordable housing in Queensland.
Community Housing Futures is a collaboration between three Queensland peak and industry organisations including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Housing Queensland, Community Housing Industry Association (CHIA) Qld, and Queensland Shelter (Q Shelter).
At a time when more Queenslanders are challenged by housing affordability and availability, Community Housing Futures is collaborating to deliver a new capacity building program funded by Queensland Government and designed to support community housing providers achieve growth in housing supply.
The Sector Capacity Lead is responsible for supporting all aspects of program implementation including planning, delivery, evaluation and reporting. They will work within a small and high performing team committed to growth in social and affordable housing, and to the strength of community housing organisations as key providers of housing for vulnerable Queenslanders.
The Sector Capacity Lead will support the delivery these key program elements:
- Sector support and capability
- Business advisory services including a professional services panel and grants
- Procurement and coordination of sector development consultants to do capability and growth appraisals
- Development of tools and resources
- Learning and development products and events
- Help desk functions
- Governance and evaluation
- Provide input and reporting to the Program Manager
- Support the design and implementation of evaluation
The ideal candidate
This position requires a deep commitment to the role and potential for community housing organisations to lead growth in housing supply to meet the needs of vulnerable Queenslanders.
The ideal candidate will preferably have a proven track record in leading capacity building programs. Highly developed relationship skills will be essential. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of working to facilitate and strengthen partnerships across organisations and sectors in the delivery of complex work programs.
Industry experience is highly desirable as is the proven ability to lead a small team to success. The successful candidate will be energetic and have a track record of excellence in engagement with diverse stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant will have relevant tertiary qualifications. Experience in the community housing industry including in capacity building roles is desirable.
Employer and auspice agency
The auspice agency is Q Shelter, which will be responsible for employment contracts and human resource accountabilities.
- The role is potentially up until December 2024 subject to funding.
- Salary is SCHADS 8 for a 0.8FTE.
- Q Shelter offers a flexible work environment. Hybrid working arrangements are supported.
- An office base is available in central Brisbane.
- Q Shelter employees receive five weeks of annual leave per year (pro-rata for part time) and a paid Christmas shutdown period.
- Q Shelter employees also have access to not-for-profit salary packaging, which increases take home pay.
- Q Shelter staff are expected to work within a culturally safe framework and actively contribute to the implementation of Q Shelter’s Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan.
Diversity and inclusion
Q Shelter is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this role. The role will be working to make a positive difference to the capacity of First Nations led housing providers to address the housing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities throughout Queensland.
How to apply
Please email a two-page capability statement responding to the Position Description in the link below, and current CV to email@example.com. Applications that do not include these elements may not be considered.
A criminal history check will be undertaken on the preferred candidate.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Q Shelter on (07) 3831 5900.
About Q Shelter
Q Shelter is a peak body for working to ensure every Queenslander has a home. It plays an important role delivering projects to assist in the implementation of the Queensland Government Housing Strategy 2017-27 and the Queensland Housing and Homelessness Action Plan 2021-25.
It is a member-based association, overseen by a Management Committee, focused on:
- building the Sector’s capacity, to deliver evidence-based solutions to housing and homelessness needs;
- influencing public policy and programs, to achieve housing and homelessness solutions; and
- investing in resources and systems, as a base to improve its services to the Sector.
You can find out more about Q Shelter at this link: www.qshelter.asn.au