Keep up to date with the latest research, resources, news and events though The Deck newsletter.
CLICK HERE to receive Housing Matters weekly newsletter from Q Shelter
Lisette Kaleveld, Dr Mariana T. Atkins and Professor Paul Flatau, Centre for Social Impact, University of Western Australia
‘Culturally and linguistically diverse refers to the wide range of cultural groups and individuals that make up the Australian population. It includes groups and individuals who differ according to religion, race, language and ethnicity except those whose ancestry is Anglo-Saxon, Anglo-Celtic, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander’ (Office of Multicultural Interests, 2010, p. 37).
This Report explores the following areas:
• The definitions of homelessness and Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (CaLD);
• Measurement and data collection limitations involved in capturing the CaLD homeless population;
• Estimating the extent of the homeless population with CaLD backgrounds in WA;
• Understanding individual and structural drivers of homelessness within CaLD communities;
• Identifying any highly vulnerable population groups within the CaLD population; and
• Presenting guidelines on improving the support system for CaLD people who are vulnerable to homelessness.