Subscribe to keep up to date with the latest research, resources, news and events from The Deck.
You can also sign up to Q Shelter’s monthly newsletter, Home Matters.
In this free online course, you will be working through tasks that will support you to learn some facts and perspectives of the lives of people from various cultures.
It is expected that while working through this resource, you will have a desire to read more and learn more about the challenges that these people face in their everyday lives.
– The meaning of culture and reflect on your own cultural identity and predispositions
– Awareness of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander culture, history and language
– Ways to communicate effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples
– Discuss cultural identity and gain cultural knowledge
– Cross-cultural understanding and an environment that support all cultures