Soheil Abedian has made a fortune from Australia’s housing market.
But after four decades in the industry, Mr Abedian says the growing social divide between those who can afford property and those who cannot is shaking the foundations of this country.
And his solution: mandate a portion of all new housing for people priced out of the open market.
Read the full article at www.abc.net.au.
How do you design a suburb in 2023 to include social housing, affordable housing, be close to public transport, increase density, mesh with the existing community and not send developers broke? Does housing design differ between greenfield locations, where there is no existing layout or infrastructure, and established suburbs where there are already homes, shops, schools, parks – and any problems are entrenched?
Brisbane Times has taken a look at south-east Queensland’s newest suburb, Lilywood, in Caboolture West (now called Waraba), and we have asked industry experts how they would deliver new homes in established suburbs.
Click here to view original web page at www.brisbanetimes.com.au
Decluttering Service Flyer 2710
STAR Community Services have introduced a new service to assist those whose
lives are being affected by hoarding and/or squalor. We offer comprehensive,
person-centred support to improve an individual’s quality of life.
• Home risk assessments
• Emotional and mental health support
• Fire safety checks and improvements
• Sorting and de-cluttering
• Removal of unwanted items
• Assistance to donate loved items to charity
• Deep cleaning
• Referrals to additional services (domestic assistance, home maintenance, transport etc)
Moreton Bay COP Invite V2
Following the impact of COVID-19 this is an opportunity to reflect, be inspired and re-energise.
You are invited to join with us to develop a Housing & Homelessness Community of Practice in Moreton Bay
We are looking for like-minded passionate people across the Community Service and Government agency sectors to develop a Moreton Bay Community of Practice.
- What is Community of Practice?
- Why would we create a Community of Practice?
- How could a thriving Community of Practice contribute to your practice, your clients and your organisation?
- Have you considered the value of sharing your wisdom, skills and experience within a Community of Practice?
If you are interested in joining us we are holding our initial meeting:
DATE: Friday 23rd October 2020
RSVP: Monday 19th October
VENUE: TBA – video conferencing
For more information and to RSVP please email:
Naomi Overton E: firstname.lastname@example.org M: 0410 091 469
Moreton Bay Regional Coordinator