Subscribe to keep up to date with the latest research, resources, news and events from The Deck.
You can also sign up to Q Shelter’s monthly newsletter, Home Matters.
Brisbane City Council
Applications Open Now
The Pathways out of Homelessness Grant Program will provide $1 million per annum for three years to enable new, innovative and sustainable solutions to address the growing community issue of homelessness. The program will also fund enhancements to existing programs that support pathways out of homelessness.
Key areas of need may include:
• employment and certified training courses
• delivery of integrated, off-street support services
• mental health support
• storage of rough sleeper belongings, including identification documents
• support for vulnerable people to successfully sustain tenancies.
Applications are now open and will close at midnight on Monday 9 December 2019. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of February 2020.
Eligible organisations may apply for:
• up to a total of $450,000 over three years; or
• a minimum of $20,000 and maximum of $200,000 for one year.
Applications for multi-year funding can only be made in the first year of the program (2019-20).
Community information sessions
You can attend one of our information sessions, from 10-21 October 2019 to find out more about the grant program and get tips on how to best complete your application.
For more information visit Council’s website or phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with the Safe Communities team.